Tuesday 17 June 2014

Justification of software and hardware (M2)

PDF:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Go5XyQzJkuR29hLUY2QlcwQjQ/edit?usp=sharing

Justification for Graphical Image:


Software:

The software I used to create and manipulate my graphical image was Photoshop. I chose Photoshop because I am fairly familiar with its UI, and I fell that it has a greater number of tutorials if needed them. This software worked very well for me due to its use of a layering system that allowed me to manipulate different images easily and effectively.

Hardware:

Mouse and Keyboard

I chose to use these two tools because the UI for Photoshop is easy to navigate with the use of a mouse. Photoshop also includes a lot of keyboard shortcuts that allowed me to access tools and function such as transform, quickly and efficiently.

I didn't find any use for a graphics tablet due to the fact was not creating my own images from scratch

Resolution:

I chose to make my image 500x500. I picked this resolution to make a completely square graphical image. I also felt that this resolution would be sufficiently large enough so that the image would not have to be scaled up for viewing.

Colour depth:

I chose to use 24bit colour in my image because it generally considered a standard size. 24bit colour has provided my image with vibrant colours, that can be seen well even when scaled.

File format:
I chose to save my image in a JPEG format, because it is very good at producing a good quality image with a relatively small file size

 


 

7 comments: